This advanced training school will present and discuss an overview of key issues within the Smart community’s context with manifold topics, from energy planning to ICT requirements.
Technical, environmental, economic, reliability and policy aspects of the relevant topics will be discussed in detail.
The following topics will be addressed:
- Fundamentals of domestic and urban energy system planning;
- Impact analysis and optimal integration of distributed generation, demand response, and storage in low and medium voltage networks;
- Techno-economic and environmental assessment of energy systems and multi-generation;
- Impact of the electrification of heating and transport in urban areas and smart control for system support;
- ICT requirements and integrated power; and business models, commercial, regulatory and policy issues of future cities